The objectives of the Thames Traditional Boat Society are:
- To encourage the use of traditional unpowered boats through organising rallies, cruises and social events.
- To encourage the restoration and maintenance of existing craft and the building of new ones.
- To provide spokesmen to represent the interests of traditional boat owners to relevant authorities.
- To encourage young people and newcomers to improve their standard of watermanship.
- To maintain historical records for the benefit of Members and future generations.